Highest crane in the market
One of Fred. Olsen Windcarrier’s Gusto 9000 jack-up vessels will be one of just a few vessels capable of installing foundations and next generation wind turbines with the highest crane in the market upon its delivery in February 2022.
The new unique 1600t LEC 65500 leg encircling crane will be supplied by Huisman.
Installation and transportation capabilities:
With its upgraded crane and additional improvements to deck space and stability, the Tern will be capable of installing foundations up to 1300-1400t and handling all known next generation turbines:
- 5 x MHI Vestas V164/174
- 5 x SGRE 8.0-167DD
- 4 x SGRE 10.0-193DD
- 3 x GE Haliade-X 12MW
Key performance of the new crane:
- Aux hook 400t @165m above deck
- firstname.lastname@example.org @155m above deck
- 1600t@32m (105m boom)
- Boom configuration can be changed in less than a week
Read more about our fleet here.
Key facts about the new crane:
- A unique Huisman 1600t LEC 65500
- The new crane will be top of market for reliability and redundancy with its proven and enhanced design
- Additional speed packages provide a very high operational speed
- The Lambda shaped boom is very stiff giving reduced motions at the crane tip
- The crane is fully electrically driven resulting in reduced maintenance and higher reliability
- The crane is more environmentally friendly with less power consumption, no oil leakage and a lower noise level
- Catchers on all blocks/hooks minimise time spent on stowing
- Small tail swing allows for optimised utilisation of free deck space
Read the press announcement here.